Are you analytical and have a finance background in the bank? Must read the opportunity description below. The banking industry is as widely accepted in Germany as it does in any country in the world. Germany is one of the biggest economies in the world and one key reason for its sustainability is banking. While an economy thrives, it becomes of greater importance to keep the cash flow moving safely and flawlessly.
This also calls for keen and accurate analysis from a financial viewpoint for each bank. The better the analysis, the stronger the management of cash and deposits. This position asks for the strong analytical abilities of the candidate along with basic acumen in banking. Before you apply for the role, please go through the job details and company background so this will be an easier process at the time of the interview.
1. Specialist: In Bank Controlling
Details Table of this Job:
About “Investment Bank Berlin”
Who We Are? We are the development bank of the State of Berlin and do everything we can every day to make our city even more liveable. For us, Berlin is more than just part of our name. It is much more our home port and our destiny.
As one of 16 state development institutes, we are not in competition with other banks but work actively with them. In doing so, we always have our promotional mandate in mind.
We for Berlin
“We for Berlin” is our mission and means for us to optimally support Berlin companies with needs-based financing and subsidy programs. In this way, we help the growing city to provide more secure jobs and affordable housing and make Berlin even more livable in the long term.
What We Stand For
In addition to promoting Berlin’s economy and real estate and urban development, we are involved in a large number of economic and social projects in the city. In this way, we would like to do our part to bring Berlin forward in the long term.
- Analysis of data on the current earnings situation of the bank and the IBB Group
- Creation of ad hoc analyses for management decisions of the board of directors as well as advising the management including pronouncing recommendations for action
- Technical supervision of analyses and comments on target/actual deviations as part of planning by creating a result view in the overall context of business development
- Creation and further development of the management information system (MIS) for the board, market, and departments, including the coordination of the various sources in accordance with the reporting deadlines
- Participation in the company-wide planning process and being a responsible contact person for business and board areas
- Independent identification of process-related adjustment needs, the conception of controlling processes, systems, and KPIs, and driving their further development
- A high level of entrepreneurial thinking and acting as well as strong analytical and communication skills
- Personal initiative, flexibility, and ability to work in a team in daily business
- A sense of responsibility, negotiation skills, and assertiveness
- Affinity for modern, digital media and technologies as well as an interest in proactive training opportunities
- Completed business studies or comparable subject-specific qualifications with relevant professional experience
- Ideally, relevant professional experience in the field of controlling (preferably in a bank)
- Confidence in dealing with data preparation/evaluations and complex formulas
- Knowledge of financial products
- The desire for methodical further development of above-average complex topics
Your Place of work at Investment Bank Berlin (IBB)
We are a young, dedicated, and motivated controlling team with interesting, varied, and responsible jobs. You’ve come to the right place with us if you’re just as dynamic and want to proactively improve processes. Working for us is characterized by a team-oriented working atmosphere and a cooperative management style. You have the opportunity to work independently and to create a lot.
We Live Equality!
We advocate equal rights for women and men and strive to increase the proportion of women in areas where women are underrepresented. Applications from women are therefore of particular interest. In addition, applications from people with a migration background who meet the hiring requirements are also welcome. If they are equally eligible, those with verified physical disabilities shall be given preference.
Our Benefits For You:
- A secure job in a 100% subsidiary of the State of Berlin
- Favorable compensation and further social advantages like rewards for investment and growth
- Admission may be full-time (38.5 hours) or half, as determined by the individual.
- Flexible working hours from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.without set working hours and opportunities for working from home
- Personal and professional further training measures possible
- 30 days vacation as well as 24. & 31.12. as bank holidays
- There may be a BVG ticket concession.
- Sports Teams, company parties, and regular Group building Calcluate to strengthen the sense of cohesion within the bank
They are interested? We look forward to you!
In our application portal, you can enter all the necessary information quickly and easily and upload your application documents. The “Apply now“ area takes you directly to the job advertisement.